Nursing Stress

My take on nursing one day at a time

Thursday, January 19, 2006

~I should be tired~

Yes, I should be tired but somehow im running on no sleep or energy. I tried a nap but it didn't work as I couldn't get to sleep. Yesterday I read for four hours straight and then did four hours of paperwork for clinical today. I got only two hours of sleep last night at the most (why is it that on clinical days I can't sleep for anything the night before???) I worked an eight hour shift today with two patients who were so sick. It was so busy I couldn't even think straight! At one point in postconference I was wondering as to how those nurses could handle 5-6 patients when I could barely handle only 2 and the only conclusion I could come up with is experience and not having to do am care such as baths and things of that nature. I hope tomorrow goes a little smoother because it was a little rough today getting things thrown at you left and right especially with things such as chest tubes because hello those are just a little intimidating for the first time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home