Nursing Stress

My take on nursing one day at a time

Sunday, July 02, 2006

~updates~

Its been a long time since I have posted here but it has been so busy I haven't had any time at all. So first of all about a month ago I took the NCLEX a week before I had originally scheduled to take it so I basically did no studying at all and still PASSED!!! That was one of the most stressful situations I have ever been though and I am so glad I dont ever have to go through that again. I am now working at a local hospital in the cardiac unit which seems to be going pretty good so far. I have been thrown to the wolves and its basically a sink or swim situation. I would like to think I have been at least keeping my head above water and doing pretty good so far lol
Working as an actual RN is so much different from clinicals in school. Sometimes I want to tell the techs who come to ask me things I dont know that it feels like I dont know much more than them lol It seems like I have learned so many things since working that at times it feels so overwhelming but I can say from seeing another new graduate just starting orientation and remembering how those first few days were I can say I think I have come pretty far.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger LT said…

    Congrats!! Now you have those lettes behind your name that you worked so hard for:)

    Your first job is always harder than nursing school. I always say that the learning starts AFTER nursing school.

    I was interested and went back through your experience. I really enjoyed the ups and downs and can certainly relate. Keep up the good work and it helps to develop a wicked sense of humor.

    If you're interested check out
    http://teachrn.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I might sound a bit dim here, but what is a RN? does it stand for residential nurse.. I was backracking on your blogs but i havent seen it yet!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ^^ thats sad.. it stands for Registered Nurse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home