Nursing Stress

My take on nursing one day at a time

Sunday, October 16, 2005

~a break~

So its been a while since the last post. I have two days off from class on Monday and Tuesday so I have tried to not think about anything nursing :)

The last OB clinical came and went with no big surprizes. I had a post patient and there is absolutly nothing to do for them when everything is completly normal. My day was spent talking with the other students that had post patients and the instructor because she was giving us some valuble tips on our next tests in OB. She is really great at teaching I hope she goes back to school and gets her teaching classes finished because she would be a great teacher. She was trying to talk us into doing traveling nursing and if I am still single after my years experience I will the money is just too good not to while I'm still young. There was a Csection at 33 weeks which was interesting to see. The baby was having tons of trouble breathing and they ended up having to take it to a bigger hospital before they lost it. Retractions at 33 weeks looks like waves on their chest it was very sad but interesting to see.

My test was harder than I expected. The instructor just informed us she uses a different text book to make our test and won't tell us the name of this book. There were questions on that test of things I had never heard of before. Lots of the information on the test were nowhere in our book. I was stressed but I made a........90!!!!! I knew most of the material with some great educated guesses, but a lot of other students were not as lucky as I was with this test. The weekend before the test I decided to go do the things I had planned to do so I only got to study for about an hour to 2 hours each day. I think I over do studying anyway. Before I would study 2 days before the test all day long, but now I have changed. I study a little bit each day, and I don't have to cram before the test and it is so much easier takes away most of the stress. December is coming so fast...I can't believe this semester is almost over. I hope next semester goes by just as fast :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just read some of your posts. I too am a nursing student, second year. I can so sympathize with your stress. We have an instructor that is pulling information for tests out of a book that he used for his master's program. So far on 2 tests for medsurg, everybody has failed. He has been forced to give us extra points just to pass. He had several students in tears yesterday. I just want to get this over with!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home